APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Health & Safety Manager
Salary: €60,000 - €65,000 per annum + package
Professional & Technical
One of country’s leading main contractors are currently seeking an experienced Health & Safety Manager with a methodical approach who has experience of working on large scale commercial and residential projects to ensure a high level of health and safety is attained on numerous projects through Dublin and the surrounding area.
As a Health & Safety Advisor you will directly report into the Contracts Manager and Health and Safety Director within the business and will work collaboratively with them to drive health & safety standards.
– Manage and lead a team of Health and Safety Advisors
– Advise the Project Management & Site Staff teams on safety, health & environmental matters
– Conduct site health, safety & environmental compliance and behavioural audits
– Take the lead on investigating accidents, incidents and near miss events
– Train other members of staff in use of Health & Safety systems
– Deliver relevant training programmes
– Deliver induction programmes, tool-box talks and briefings if required
– Delivering new Health and Safety management systems to improve Health & Safety within the business
– Review relevant company and subcontractor’s paperwork
– Assist in the preparation and updating of construction phase plans, method statements and risk assessments
– Attend meeting with clients on health and safety matters
– Be actively involved in the preparation and updating of environment management plans and site waste management plans
– Monitor, analyse and report on the health and safety performance of the business
The ideal candidate will have:
– Degree in HSE or a NEBOSH Construction Certificate
– 5 years Health and Safety experience working within the construction sector
– Detailed Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation
– Proven ability to manage and mentor other members of staff
– Have a proactive attitude to ensure any health and safety related issues don’t escalate
– Demonstrate strong communication skills and be able to influence others to ensure best outcomes
– Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and career driven Health & Safety Manager who is to work with a leading main contractor who offer excellent career progression and the opportunity to work on some of Ireland’s leading construction projects. To apply for this role please forward your CV to the link provided or alternatively call Oliver Hayes on 087 380 8975.