APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Managing Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Up to £60,000
Professional & Technical
Senior/Managing Quantity Surveyor
Civil Engineering Specialist Contractor
Based in Toome – Projects throughout the UK and Europe
Permanent: £50,000 – £60,000 + Package
We are currently searching for a Senior/Managing Quantity Surveyor to join a very successful Civil Engineering Specialist Contractor. Due to continued success over the past few years, the time has come for them to bring on a Senior/Managing Quantity Surveyor to take on the additional workload which is coming through the companies planned growth. With its head office based in Toome, Co. Antrim, this company provides Civil Engineering solutions to main contractors throughout Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, Mainland UK, and Central Europe.
Typical packages include:
- Major road works and earthworks.
- Large scale infrastructure.
- Road Surfacing
- Flood protection
- Plant Hire.
- To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual.
- Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at the project level.
- Preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs.
- Driving value by exploring all areas of value engineering with contractors and consultants to achieve best value design that is fit for purpose.
- Develop robust and inclusive definitions of the scope of the works and in accordance with Build Specification.
- Ensure procurement of all subcontract elements of the development is completed in accordance with the company requirements and sustainability objectives.
- Preparing scope and works and trade packages.
- Preparing a selected tender list for approval
To apply for this role you must have the following:
- 4+ years experience in a commercial management position.
- ONC or HNC qualification or equivalent.
- Proven track record in a similar position focussed on Civil Engineering.
- Either RICS/CIOB or willing to work towards membership.
- Drive and a previous track record of delivering projects to tight deadlines.
- Ability to plan work in a strategic and methodological manner.